The 2019 Wales Rally GB was the most ambitious to date, taking place across two countries, over four days, at 22 competitive stages totalling 194 miles and featuring 53 international crews with a further 60 competitors doing battle. The diversity and sheer scale of the Wales Rally GB makes it one of the most complex and interesting events on our calendar.
Attendance: Over 100,000 people
Due to the complex nature of the Wales Rally GB, this year hosting additional stages in North Wales and Liverpool, organisers required a flexible ticketing solution and access control capable of covering more than 25 locations. Also required was a white-label box office solution that would allow them to sell a variety of ticket types, including by stage, by day, weekend and premium VIP experiences.
They required their own branded customer services, including branded telephone support, physical ticket dispatch and on site box office services. Due to the countryside location of the event, they also required a ticket authentication solution that worked without a network connection.
• Dedicated account management - building bespoke events and ticket types.
• Pre-event marketing and ticket sales via the Ticket Arena web-store, phone and app.
• Access control.
• On-site box-office ticket sales.
• Enterprise level equipment: More than 80 scanners, 3 kiosks.
• Four Event Genius staff on-site completing 200+ hours of service and support.
The Wales Rally GB saw a significant uplift in tickets sold in 2019 when compared with its 2018 counterpart, and this uplift in numbers was reflected in the revenue generated by the event. Attendance to the rally was estimated as being the largest to date with the addition of new stages.
• 25% uplift in tickets sold from 2018.
• 27% increase in revenue from advanced ticket sales.
• 35% uplift in total revenue.
• Over 100k attendance.
If you're interested to know more about how Event Genius can help with your live event, please get in touch.
Event Genius will transform the way you sell tickets and manage your events. There are no joining fees or hidden costs so sign up today and find out for yourself.